06 Jun Choreography Showcase – Red Rock Dance Festival
The 11th annual Choreography Showcase will be held on Saturday, June 9, 2018, 7:30PM at the DSU Mainstage Theater as part of the Red Rock Dance Festival.
Choreographers presenting their work are primarily from western and southwestern states and are made up of a broad range of experience from university faculty to emerging artists that are just entering the field.
The dance pieces submitted will be adjudicated earlier in the day by the following experts:
• Daniel Charon, Artistic Director of Ririe-Woodbury Dance Company.
• Greg Sample, founder of Sample Dance and former dancer for Céline Dion, Cirque de Soleil, Phantom and Hubbard Street
• Michelle Henriksen Nielsen, Artistic Director of SALT Contemporary Dance, former dance faculty at BYU.
The evening performance is made up of the finalist selected by the judges. An audience choice and judge’s choice award will be announced at the conclusion of the show.
Choreographers being considered for this evening program are:
1. aletheia, Shelby Lynn Joyce
2. Obstāculum, Ariadna Ramirez
3. Liberation, Kylee Nicole Arnold and Ceili Burdick
4. Frame, Katherine Goodell Call
5. Radial Lapse, Whitney Collins
6. CounterPlay, Michael Crotty
7. kung saan ka, danah bella
8. Mother, Jennie Grimes
9. Suspended in Limbo, Ausjia Justine Hadley
10. War. No Words…., Rachel Melander Holman
11. Champagne Wishes, Parker Hess & Kathleen Fotheringham
12. Gone by, Awaiting, Jenny Hendry Mair
13. On The Wall, Dat Nguyen
14. Suite from DEaR LeNNY (2018), Kelly Roth
15. Tidbits II, Lance Tripp
16. Pastiche, Nora Lang and Xochitl Márquez
17. Palpation, Amber Foster and J Daniel Woodstock
18. Pieces, Mikki Spear
19. You’re So Vain…, Sara Yanney
22. AtONE, Gloria Morin and Savannah Brown
21. Gaslighting Blatherskites, Alicia Trump
22. Peggar’s Rose, Rebekah Wainwright
23. Scorched Earth, Tracy R Kofford
Choreography Showcase – Saturday, June 9, 2018, 7:30PM at the DSU Main Stage, $10 General Admission
Tickets are available here: